Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Nominated for the Liebster Award!!



I'm here to announce that I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by THE MODEL STAGE BLOG! Thank you so much for the nomination, Ana. This means a lot to me as a newbie! :D

If you are like me, you probably haven't heard about this award before. I was very amused when knowing that I was nominated, even though I had no idea what's going on. The idea of getting an award just makes me happy.

So from my understanding, the Liebster Award is kind of similar to the tagging games you see on Facebook and Youtube. This is the definition copied from THE MODEL STAGE BLOG.

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 1000 followers. So, what is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
The rules of the game:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog.
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
5. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
6. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Q&A for what I've been asked...

  1. What’s the best part of being a blogger? I love writing and blogging provides me the opportunity to do this without limits. It is also a very productive hobby, knowing that people are reading what I write is very satisfying. 
  2. Who’s your fashion icon and why? My fashion icon is youtuber Jenn (http://www.youtube.com/user/clothesencounters) because she just has so many ideas of how to style her clothes and she can pull off all kinds of looks such as casual, glamourous, girly and tomboy. 
  3. Bold red lips or nude & natural? This is a difficult one! But if I had to choose one, it would be nude & natural. Don't get me wrong, I love bold red lips but I only wear them once in a blue moon for special occasions. Also, because nude & natural lips are suitable for every eye makeup and outfit look. 
  4. What would be three fashion and/or makeup items you couldn’t live without? A timeless, good pair of skinny jeans/ jeggings, eyelash curler and BB cream/foundation
  5. Who was your teen idol crush? When I was 13, I was a fan of Tokio Hotel (a german boy-band) and my idol crush was the lead singer Bill Kaulitz. I still listen to their songs once in awhile!
  6. What’s your current addiction? My current addiction is my hair. I've been trying so many hair products since last month and as well as hair styling, still figuring how to create the perfect curls I want!
  7. What’s your life motto? What is done cannot be undone. My understanding: stop being upset over the things that already happened. 
  8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? My ultimate goal is to begin a career that involves writing and being creative.
  9. Where’s the next place you’d like to travel to? The next place that I would like to travel is Seoul, Korea. I've been there once when I was about 4 or 5, I don't remember much!
  10. What makes you genuinely happy? I get amused easily, knowing that I have readers for my blog makes me happy :)
  11. What are 5 words that describe you best? honest, dramatic (sometimes), curious, comical and random 
My list of nominees! (drum rolls...)

  1. Simple Stylings 
  2. porcelainqueen
  3. Fashion Ganache
  4. Silver Treasure
  5. Blooming Flame
  6. Beauty Angel
  7. Beauty In My Mind
  8. Cynthia Lions
  9. LIVE IN LOVE
  10. Beauty Division
  11. A Beauty Product A Day
My questions for these girls:
  1. What was the reason for you to start blogging?
  2. At what age did you start wearing makeup?
  3. Straight or curly/wavy hair?
  4. Favorite clothing brand?
  5. Favorite TV show at the moment?
  6. What would you consider to be your best facial feature?
  7. List 3 things that you would take before running out in a fire
  8. If you could live in any place on earth, where would it be?
  9. What time do you usually sleep and wake up?
  10. Who is your favorite male celebrity?
  11. What is your goal for the next 5 years?



8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me! I am going to do a tag post soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! I love to see another person who has a passion for writing! Keep up the amazing work! :D

    Tsui.
    Fashion Ganache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the lovely bloggers getting nominated ^^

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post!!!
    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations from Spain. I love your blog and your style. I´m your new follower. I would be very happy if you follow me. See you: http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! your blog is lovely, you are very creative! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your nomination and thank you for nominating me too :D my favourite YouTuber is Jenn as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alice, here's mine: http://silvertreasure.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award-from-alice-cheng.html

    ReplyDelete