Saturday, April 19, 2014

Australis Go Long Longwear Lipstick in diva

I don't usually go for red lips, I feel like it's really only for special occasions. I'm not so much of a party person hence it is rare for me to wear red. First of all, I didn't purchase this lipstick, I got it as a freebie from Cosmopolitan at university O-week. (Isn't that amazing?! Freebies all the way!)

For your information, the retail price of this lipstick is $12.95
Australis Go Long Longwear Lipstick in colour diva


The packaging looks decent, comes with a matte black tube and pink text. I'm not too picky about the packaging of cosmetics. 


As you can see, the colour is quite a true red which is fantastic. Many red lipsticks that I've seen either lean towards the berry side or coral red.


 Here is a swatch of the product. It wasn't a smooth swatch at all! Not sure if you can tell but the texture is very dry. I was shocked by its consistency, it's almost like applying mud or crayons onto my lips. I did put lip balm before this lipstick, but it didn't help much.



My lips 3-4 hours after application. It's absolutely nasty! 


I'm aware that red lipsticks have the tendency of bleeding but I wasn't expecting something this bad. All lipsticks fade overtime but the problem with this one was that it was only the middle part that faded, which left me a "red ring" outlining my lips. It looked as if I applied red lip liner just around my lips. I was super embarrassed just thinking about how many people saw this before I realized it myself. 

This is the only product that I've ever used from Australis, so I can't say too much about this brand. But I probably wouldn't consider buying their lipsticks. Surprisingly, I've read other blog posts on this lipstick and they are decent reviews. 

3 comments:

  1. Gosh that bleeding is so bad - what a shame this was a bit of a let down:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love the Australis Mineral Inject lipglosses and lipsticks because the formula is super moisturizing. They're also one of the cheapest lip products on the Australian market, perhaps give those a try?

    I am not a fan of matte lip products, my dry lips hate them! :P

    www.kimkine.blogspot.com
    I followed you on Bloglovin ;) I know how hard it is to get started blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation and following my blog!
      I'm also your follower now :)

      Delete