Thursday, May 22, 2014

NATURES ORGANICS - Australian Pure

Today I'm going to write a review on a local Australian brand called Australian Pure by natural organics. I feel like I haven't featured too many aussie products on my blog and this will be a good one to write about. 


If you have never heard of Natural Organics before, it is an Australian owned and made brand that offers a wide of range of skincare, hair care and household cleaning products. As the name indicates, it claims to be chemical-free and does not test on animals. If you are a fan of organic products, this is probably a brand that you want to look into.


Australian Pure Lilli Pilli & Wattleseed Face Scrub 

150ml
$5.99

Both of these products contain extracts of Lilii Pilli & Wattleseed, which to be honest I don't know what kind of plants they are exactly. But the idea of using a plant-based product on my skin seems quite "organic" and healthy for me. I discovered this brand when browsing the skincare section at Woolworths, I'm not going to lie, I bought it because it was one of the cheapest face scrub. 


But being affordable does not equal low quality. I use this about once or twice a week, it makes my smooth super soft and smooth afterwards. I like to use it in the shower after I had a long day, the little sands in it makes me feel like I'm gently massaging my face. It's a great feeling. 

As a face scrub, it does not feel too rough on the skin and the result is moisturizing. I'm very pleased with this product, so I went to buy the face wash in the same range.


Australian Pure Lilli Pilli & Wattleseed Face Wash
250ml
$4.99


This face wash has a clear gel-like formula and as I apply it on my face and starts spreading it out, it foams up but not a lot. I normally use Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System to clean my face (aka an electronic cleanser) but I feel like this face wash doesn't foam up that much so sometimes I would just use my hands. 

I like that this product doesn't claim to clear acne or remove makeup, it does what a facial cleanser should do, cleaning and refreshing the skin. Same with the scrub, my face feels clean and soft after washing, simple is that.




Pros
extremely affordable (even cheaper than many drugstore brands)
organic
does not test on animals

Cons
comes with an odd smell (probably the plant extracts)
probably only available in Australia

Overall, I am very pleased with the face wash and face scrub by Australian Pure. They are the first two organic skincare products that I've owned and I've found that the face wash seems more mild and gentle on the skin. I've been using them on and off, I'm not sure why I switched to another cleanser in between; I guess it's just part of me that always likes trying new things. But I will probably go back to Australian Pure one day because they are organic, make my skin feels great and affordable, so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment