Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

I have sort of a love-hate relationship with gel liners. The first eyeliner I've ever used was a gel liner, I forgot its brand, an infamous one. Then I switched to maybelline, which used to be my everyday eyeliner until... it dried out. For the recent years, I've been using liquid liner and never looked back because it's so quick and easy. 

Until I saw Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner at Priceline for $5.17 only! This product is what my mom has been using and raving about, she said it stays on her lids all day and the formula is smooth so on. I knew I had to try it.



Packaging
I quite like this all-in-one design of gel liner, it seems like this trend has grown in the market with many brands starting to use packaging on their gel liners. It is convenient given that you don't have to bring a brush. 


Size 

As you can see, the pot is super tiny! It has the smallest gel liner I've actually seen. The description says 2g.


The brush is too short! 
Ok, I know it's attached with the pot so how big can it get. But the last gel liner I used which was a Tony Moly one came with the exact same packaging, the difference is that that brush was extendable. The short brush with this one makes it a little difficult to apply.


The result of one stroke, the formula is the sheer side I would say. It is not the most pigmented eyeliner you would find, to achieve the carbon black liner look you would need a few more strokes.


I really liked the finished look but it took me quite a lot of time to apply. Firstly, I was not used to using brush since I switched to liquid liner 2 years ago. Secondly, the formula of the liner was sheer, I had to go over the same area with about 3 strokes to get a "full" looking line. 

Now move into the most important aspect of eyeliners, smudge-proof. 

So after 8 hours of wearing the gel eyeliner...


It smudged, on the lower lash line. 
It probably doesn't look too bad in this photo. 


You can see it better in this one, it left me a "shadow" giving me a dark circles look. I am quite disappointed with how it turned out since my mom talked about how good it is. Unfortunately, it does not last on me. 

I'm probably going to stick with using liquid eyeliners for a very long time, since it's so much quicker to apply and smudge-free. I don't see any benefits of using a gel liner since it doesn't do anything that a liquid liner can't. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a liquid liner gal!! But it's good to know this info because I do client's makeup and it's easier to do gel on others because I think liquid is not that easy to use in other people. At least me...

    ReplyDelete