Sunday, February 1, 2015

Going Ombre with Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde

Happy New Year everyone! 
I'm finally writing my first post in 2015.

Just a year ago I published a post about how to get rid of ombre hair and here I am writing about how I got it again. 
Why? Because ombre hair is a great way to add movement and depth into your hair!







If you have dark hair like mine, I would recommend a product named Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde along with its toner of the same selection.


This product contains bleach. If you are reluctant to bleach your hair, don't use it!

I'm not a hair stylist, but I know that from my experience if you are planning to apply a box dye of lighter shade on your hair, you will most likely not achieve the ombre look. (unless you are going for a completely different color e.g. blonde to purple)

I recommend buying the BLONDE TONER because dark hair has a lot of orange undertone will may result after bleaching. It will help to tone down the brassiness.



Method that I used:

1.  I recommend using a hair clip to section off the part that is going to bleached.

2.  Apply the product on the bottom ends of your hair. This is up to your but 1/3 of your hair is a good way to start if you have longer hair, 1/2 if you have short to mid-length hair.

3.  Leave the bleach on for about 20-25 minutes, rinse off then blow dry to see results.

4. Apply the remaining product on the very last bits of your hair, you want the ends to be the lightest point of your hair.

5. Rinse off then you should be good to go!




Result




I'm quite pleased with the results! In some lighting, the bleached parts could look a bit orange but using the toner once every few weeks would help to gradually tone it down

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks great! Really natural gradient and so much cheaper than a salon :)
    Kimkine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete