Friday, April 17, 2015

Review: ASOS Rave With Me Leather Boots

We have all seen them, the chunky heeled black boots.

I've been eyeing them for at least the past two winters, almost bought them but didn't. They were either too expensive, too cheap (quality), too big, too small or just not the right look for me. (I know, picky.)


ASOS Rave with Me Leather Boots



Then there was my favourite online shopping site, ASOS. These boots went down from $108 to $43! But my usual UK size 5 (AU7) was sold out, giving me the only option to buy UK size 6 (AU8). (typical!) 

I was so tempted regardless, you know they say when you go back to the store 3 times for items, you truly love them and should just buy them. That's what I did, I ordered them thinking that the worst thing that can happen is to return them for $5.95 using same day courier pick up. 



Fast forward to the day it arrived, exactly one week after. I was worried as soon as I opened the box, the shoes looked HUGE. Ok, I knew they were chunky boots but so big. I eagerly slipped my bare foot into the shoe, surprised to find that it wasn't THAT big. I put on a sock and tried the other shoe, it fitted quite perfectly! I tried the double-sock method and it was too squashy, I'm glad that I don't have to wear two socks in order to fit these boots. 

I stood in front of the mirror for a good 10 minutes adoring these shoes, they do make my feet look bigger than usual but that's fine.

What I like about the ASOS the most is that they list out the materials of the items, here are the following:

Upper: 100% Real Leather, Lining Sock: 50% Polyurethane, 50% Real Leather, Sole: 100% Other Materials.



I am not a leather shoe expert but I can confirm these are real leather, they feel soft and smooth and don't have that polyurethane (kind of plastic) smell. (Yes, I sniffed the boots) $43 for a pair of real leather boots? crazy!

Despite the fact that it's made of leather, the built quality of the shoe is average. I can see the glue on the front sole and it's uneven. I can see scratches on the golden metal clasp, which are only for decoration. (can't actually be opened) 





At the end of the day, shoes are going to get worn out so I'm not too bothered by these flaws. The heel height is perfect for everyday wear and the boots look good with everything I own. (jeans, leggings and tights) I'm definitely going to be wearing them a lot throughout the winter. 

By the time you are reading this post, unfortunately this pair of boots probably have already only one size left or sold out. But there are A LOT of similar looking ones on the ASOS site and they are on sale. I urge you to check them out! 


1 comment: