Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Review


I purchased this foundation in Hong Kong during my summer holiday for 59hkd, which was about $10.75aud. It was a bargain because I found that western drugstore brands in Hong Kong are not that cheap.

I bought the second lightest shade which is classic ivory. When I swatched the product in store, I was amused, a mousse that turned into a velvet powdery finish.


This is how much is left after usage during summer, which is not much. I feel like you most likely get less product than say a liquid foundation, which usually lasts me at least 6 months.


Texture 
As you can see, this product has quite a lot of fall out. This is the first thing that I dislike about this foundation, it can get messy. I actually got some product on my camera while I was taking this photo. I tried using a flat foundation brush to avoid getting it on my hands, but it wouldn't work because you really have to rub the product in circular motion. A stippling brush may work for this.


Coverage
The shade is at least a shade too light for me. Coverage wise, it is very good covering just about all my redness and spots.

However, when you take a closer look. You can see that the texture is drying.


It clings terribly onto dry patches!!!
Knowing that this is a drying product, I actually put two layers of moisturiser before applying it. Apparently, that didn't help much.


I have two dried up pimple spots and the foundation really makes them stand out.

Funny enough, Youtuber Wayne Goss actually made a video for this foundation and called it the worst foundation for the month, which can be viewed here

Now, I'm not sure if this is the worst foundation out there because I know that some people love it from reading reviews. I liked it when looking at it from a distance and when it was melting hot in Hong Kong. If you have super oily skin and love a matte finish, this may be something to try. However, if you have even a few dry patches or fine lines, it is a big No-no.

Let me know what you think if you have tried this before!

4 comments:

  1. I love this product. I don't get why others find it 'bad'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it works for some people like I said in the post, however, it is unflattering for those with normal/dry skin!

      Delete
  2. follow for follow http://sedefilemodamakyaj.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This product used to be huge a few years ago and I never got it because to me it just looked like cake! I was impressed with your after photo but yes, the closer view shows up all the dry spots :(. Thanks for the honest review xx
    www.kimkine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete