Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation


Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation 
220 soft ivory
SPF20

This has been my everyday foundation for the last 3 months and I'm finally doing a review on it.

I bought this from Gloss Accessories at a bargain price of $9.90AUD. They have also been on sale in Priceline and Target if you are in Australia.

There weren't too many shades left so I ended up choosing 220 soft ivory, thinking that it might turn out a tad dark for me. I was surprised by how perfect the shade was when I first tried it! This is by far the best matching shade that I've come across in my foundations history. Only then I realized that for the longest time I had been wearing foundations that were probably a shade or two too light for me.


Texture
The consistency  of this foundation is not too runny nor thick. It feels thin and light on the skin which is great.
Before
a lot of redness!
After
With Powdering
Closer look

Not sure if you can tell from the photo but the finish of this foundation is dewy, I know that many people prefer a matte finish. You can totally wear this foundation on its own without powdering, I think it is such a nice look that actually looks "skin". But I do set it with powder so it won't transfer.

Coverage
I would call it a medium coverage, buildable. With one layer, it covers up my redness and evens out my overall skin tone. But it does not cover freckles, which is fine for me but something to keep in mind. I find that using a brush to apply this foundation gives the best coverage. When I used a sponge, a lot of the product was soaked up. This is one of those foundations that lie on top of your face instead of sinking into your pore and lines so it doesn't emphasise them.

After 5 hours

Longevity
This is a photo taken 5 hours after the application. I could see that there is shine on my nose and my two larger red spot are kind of coming through. I do wish there was better shine control.

Pros
-light weight
-dewy, healthy skin finish
-very light shades available for pale ladies
-affordable

Cons
-not so great oil control

Conclusion
This has actually come really close to being my ideal foundation, dewy foundation, good coverage and matches my skin tone. I think this is a great value foundation that gives a dewy, glowing effect on the skin. I recommend it to those whose main issues are discoloration and redness.

3 comments:

  1. This is my go-to foundation! It's also one of the best matches for my skin color(different shade I think)..I'm super pale and have a hard time finding something that doesn't have too much yellow or pink undertones and look dark on me.

    jessicacourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard that rimmel is good for pale ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favourite foundations, it matches my skin perfectly and is such a good coverage!!

    http://ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete