Friday, November 13, 2015

Tarte Lights Camera Action 4-in-1 Mascara Review


So far all of my reviews have been on drugstore products... because honestly that's all I ever use.
However, a lovely friend of mine gave me this mascara as a gift for my birthday. I've decided to do a review on it as I've been using it for awhile now.


Lights Camera Action 4-in-1 Mascara 
Claim: Tarte lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara could be considered a dramatic makeover for your lashes. This high-performance formula is proven to increase the appearance of lash volume by 330 percent—creating strikingly thick, sexy lashes.

Retail for $27 at Sephora Australia

I love the design of this mascara, it's compact and seamless. It looks gorgeous as well.
The formula is very wet, the brush is on the bigger side...

Now cut to the chase, does this mascara work? Well for me, a mascara works only if it can hold curls well. Just like my hair, I have eyelashes that point straight down and we (asian ladies) all know that's a real struggle. I've been using my holy grail KATE mascara primer ever since I discovered it and I don't use my mascara without it.

However, in order to really test out this mascara, I've tried it on different separate occasions.
The first with the mascara only and the second with the primer.



Unfortunately, I have to say this mascara alone does not really keep my lashes curled.
However, I've been using it everyday with my primer mascara. Other than that, I don't think this mascara outperforms others that I've tried like the kiss me heroine mascara.
I have also used this mascara on my bottom lashes and it smudged a bit during the day so I wouldn't recommend it.

I don't have much more to say about this product. I've seen Youtubers that find this mascara working wonderfully for them so I'm sure it would work for some of you. However, if you are already lacking in the eyelashes department, I don't think this product would be for you.

Have you used this mascara? what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment