Friday, December 25, 2015

Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette

Merry Christmas! This is not a budget product, but my friends recently gifted me this beautiful palette from Tarte. It is a all matte palette with 12 shades.
Now, I have to admit that matte eyeshadows are very new to me. Everything I knew about eyeshadow before this palette was "shimmer everywhere". I recall using matte shades only a few times before.

When it comes to eyeshadow, I'm not the most adventurous person. I always go for neutral browns or rosy shades.  If you are like me, you will love this palette.



Packaging
It comes with a gorgeous purple ombre case, whereas the back is a gold-colour mirror. It is beautiful but gets scratched easily! inevitable for anything with the same material.
In terms of size, it is on the more compact size which is nice for travelling. When opened, it has a nice and clear mirror. I usually don't use built in mirrors from palettes but it is a nice feature to have. 

The palette comes with a little step by step guide for creating two looks, one is daytime and the other is playtime.
I've actually created the looks following exactly on the guide says and here are the results. 

Swatches

I feel like my swatches don't do justice! These shadows are really pigmented and butter like.



Since the palette is all matte, it can be so versatile. I've used the shade to fill in my brows using a wet brush and I really like it.


Now it is safe to say that I'm officially converted. I love matte eyeshadows, they just look so clean and sleek especially for creating a cut crease look.
I recommend this palette if you are a matte eyeshadows fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment