Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Best Drugstore Foundation For Oily Skin? l'oreal infallible pro matte foundation


What a lengthy title, I know. But I have to put it out there, this foundation is the best I've ever tried in terms of oil control. If you are a grease ball like me, look no further.

Loreal Infalliable Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation claims to be long lasting and demi-matte finish.
Package
The product comes in a squeeze tube which I find handy when applying. It contains 30ml of product which isn't a lot, one downside in my opinion. The shade I have is 103 natural buff, which is the third lightest shade I believe. It is slightly darker than my skin but I don't mind it.

Texture
One thing I like about this foundation is that it comes out as a liquid. Most "matte" foundations I've tried tend to have a thick mousse like texture unlike this one.


Coverage
I'd say the foundation has a pretty decent amount of coverage but tends to accentuates dry patches and lines a bit. I've been having several breakouts lately and you can see that the foundation does manage to conceal them.




A closer look at the foundation. It can look a bit patchy if you don't blend it well. This foundation sets in virtually no time so you have to work really fast. If you have drier skin, it may sink even quicker into your skin.

Longevity
I'm not sure about 24 hours and I wore this foundation on a plane trip for about 13 hours. By the end of the day, my face was still oil-free. I knew immediately it became my holy grail. While I loved the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, the oil control just wasn't there for me. But this one totally blown me away.

Overall
Pros
-amazing oil control
-long lasting
-decent, buildable coverage

Cons
-can accentuate dry patches
-sets a bit too fast to work with

No comments:

Post a Comment